Like most people, you probably don’t give oil massage a second thought. After all, it’s not something that gets the average person excited. Most people just associate oil massage with relaxing aromatherapy oils or massages offered in spas. But oil massage is much more than that and has many benefits for the body and mind. If you want to learn more about this type of massage and how to heal with oil massage, keep reading.
What is Oil Massage?
Oil massage is the use of massage oils to facilitate healing in a physical or mental way, it is used to reduce pain, improve circulation, and treat issues like arthritis, sports injuries, and chronic pain.
It can also be used to reduce stress and improve mood, there are many varieties of oil massage: aromatherapy sports massage, therapeutic, and even a few dietary oil massage options.
Aromatherapy oil erotic massage uses therapeutic-grade essential oils to reduce anxiety, promote relaxation, and provide mental clarity, it also helps relieve pain when used with inflammatory conditions, the therapeutic properties of oils help reduce pain, ease breathing, and improve circulation.
Sports massage uses specific oils to treat issues like shoulder pain, reduced range of motion, and back pain, it can also be used to prevent injury or promote recovery.
Dietary oil massage uses coconut oil and other oils to treat joint pain, skin conditions, and more. It can also be used to aid in digestion and promote weight loss. Dietary oils are often more affordable than therapeutic oils.
How to Heal with Oils
- Start with freshly extracted oils, this will ensure the best results as you massage oil into your skin.
- Take the time to learn proper oil massage techniques, this is important so you are applying the correct amount of oil to specific areas of your body.
- Choose a massage table that is comfortable for you this is also important for proper oil massage.
- Choose specific oils for healing with oil.
- Use light massage strokes and gliding motions.
- Massage at low to medium intensity.
- Keep the room temperature cool.
- For therapeutic oil massage, follow these guidelines
The Benefits of Healing with Oils
- Oil massage is highly beneficial when used to reduce pain and treat joint pain.
- It can also be used to treat breathing-related issues, such as asthma and COPD.
- Massaging oil into the skin can help improve blood flow and oxygen levels in the muscles and tissues, with better blood flow and oxygenation, your immune system will be boosted as well.
- For people who experience anxiety and stress often, oil massage can be a great way to reduce anxiety. The oils used for this type of massage are known to help reduce stress.
- Dietary oils are perfect for the skin and promote healthy cell growth, resulting in healthier, younger-looking skin.
The benefits of massage go beyond its relaxation and stress reduction properties, research has shown that regular massages not only reduce your stress but can also help relieve pain, boost immune function and improve overall health.
The healing power of massage is derived from two primary factors: the pressure points used during the massage and the oils used to lubricate the skin, the combination of these factors helps release natural endorphins, which in turn relax your muscles and almost any tension or stress you’re feeling.